Sunday, December 9, 2007

Beowulf (2007)

This is a very unusual Film. It is completely CG (computer Generated), but yet it tries very hard to look as though it is not CG. At first, you wondering "Just exactly What am I looking at?"

Once you get beyond that, and every now and then you forget this was all created in a computer (It gets that lifelike), the movie itself was interesting. It wasn't great, but it has an interesting story, and I would love to comment on the lighting and the direction, but , uhm, it was done in a computer.

The acting, again, done in a computer.

I gave it a 7 out of 10.

One problem I had with this movie was the rating. They gave it a pg 13, but it is VERY gory and bloody in spots and I was wondering what the governing board was thinking when they handed down that rating. I mean, the blood and gore is one thing, but to have the incredible sound effects this does, just adds to the realism, even though, again, it was just made up in a computer. I knew I was going to have trouble reviewing this one.

Movie : Beowolf (2007)


Director : Robert Zemeckis
Writers : Neil Gaiman (screenplay) & Roger Avary (screenplay)

Cast : Ray Winstone ... Beowulf / Golden Man / Dragon
Robin Wright Penn ... Wealthow
Anthony Hopkins ... Hrothgar

No comments: