Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Amazing Grace (2006)

A real surprise I had never heard anything about before I watched it. My son rented this and I found myself totally enthralled in the plot and twists and the pretty good writing in this true historical tale about a rather strange time in England when owning slaves was absolutely the only way to go.

I never really though about the slave trade in England before, but I am very glad they finally came to see when they were blind. The song and the movie title are tied in together and you get a pretty good understanding what the song is all about.

I gave it 8 out of 10. Can highly recommend this movie for the writing, directing, and the acting.

Movie: Amazing Grace (2006)

Director: Michael Apted

Writer: Steven Knight

Actors: Ioan Gruffudd ... William Wilberforce
Romola Garai ... Barbara Wilberforce
Benedict Cumberbatch ... Pitt the Younger

No comments: